Jeff Wisnia

Default Parts

Mike wrote:

Teflon coated muffler bearings work best especially if you straighten the
Johnson rod

You know, I grew up thinking that sending someone to the parts shop fopr a
"Johnson rod' was just a prank.

But, I later heard more than once that the throttle control rod in old tyme
steam locomotives was called a Johnson Rod, and if you check out the second item
on the page URL below it would seem that the term got applied to some gasoline
egine throttle parts too:

http://www.holleyparts.com/html/thro...age_parts.html

Jeff
--

Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

"If you can smile when things are going wrong, you've thought of someone to
blame it on."

Or, maybe the guy who wrote the copy just couldn't resist a gag..

and use the pipe stretcher to compensate for any slack. Ceramic
coated bearings work best with catalytic converters. Don't use ceramic with
mahogany pistons as it won't go "wooden -wooden" when you mash the gas.
Always keep extra cans of compression and vacuum on hand as most auto parts
are not carrying it anymore. Seems it cuts down on engine parts sales.