Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP*

Default Grease gun advice needed

"Ecnerwal" wrote in message
"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message
news:YDy1g.1196$Fy1.1142@trnddc02...
I'm tired of not being able to force grease into chassis fittings with my
existing grease guns. Mostly working on my '48 & '52 Pontiacs and my
children's newer cars.
Yes, I've never paid more than $ 24 bucks for a grease gun. Have two
manual
guns and one air powered. All the guns prefer to dispense the grease
alongside the zerk fitting rather than into the fitting.

Sometimes this just means that the other side of the zerk is a impacted
mass of dried up grease (well, you hope it was once grease). Sometimes
replacing the zerk helps, other times you need to disassemble the thing
to get the crap out so that grease can flow again, as the zerk was not
where the problem was.

Sometimes heat works, although it's a smoky job and lighting the grease up
is always a possibility.