Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
R. Zimmerman

Default Grease gun advice needed

The quality of the zerk connection is important. Replacing the fitting
sometimes helps.
Decades ago I can remember being chewed out by my aircraft maintenance
instructor for pushing the fitting straight onto the nipple. That old
English instructor demanded that the connection be rolled on and off the
zerk to preserve the fit. I have no idea if it made a difference.
Randy

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message
I'm tired of not being able to force grease into chassis fittings with my
existing grease guns. Mostly working on my '48 & '52 Pontiacs and my
children's newer cars.
Yes, I've never paid more than $ 24 bucks for a grease gun. Have two manual
guns and one air powered. All the guns prefer to dispense the grease
alongside the zerk fitting rather than into the fitting.

I'm willing to pay a good price and throw all my cheap guns away. Any
recommendations???

Thanks,
Ivan Vegvary