Posted to alt.home.repair
RayV

Default electrical expert in NJ? (or legal expert)

I also found in NJAC 13:40-15.16, the standards of practice for
inspectors in NJ, that inspectors are required to:

(i) 1. Inspect
ii. Main disconnects, main panel and sub panels, including interior
components of main panel and sub panels;
v. Over-current protection devices and the compatibility of their
ampacity with that of the connected wiring;

(i) 2. Describe (report in writing)
iv. Predominant type of wiring;
vi. Presence of solid conductor aluminum branch circuit wiring.

source:
http://www.state.nj.us/lps/ca/adoption/hiado63.htm

Also, the standards of practice for the American Sociaety of Home
Inspectors requires that inspectors report in writing "on the presence
of solid conductor aluminum branch circuit wiring".
http://www.ashi.org/documents/pdf/standards.pdf
7.1, C, 1

In addition, the Examination Board of Professional Home Inspectors
hanbook indicates that inspectors should be familiar with "Problems
with aluminum wire"
http://www.homeinspectionexam.org/pd...andbookrev.pdf
section II, Task 4, c., 4

Yes, I am obsessing about this but when you pay somebody to do a job,
they should do what they are paid to do. Especially when they are
licensed experts in a particular field.