Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jeff Wisnia

Default Puzzlenut adventures

Karl Townsend wrote:

I like the way you said it in your web site

"fear of
penetrating thru the puzzlenut and welding it to the stud -- that would be a
major eau chitte."

Well I breezed right by that line...

Arggh, I guess it's time to fall on my sword.

****************************

Speaking of taking things for granted, SWMBO and I work together these
days and usually commute in one car if we both don't have jaunts away
from the office that day.

Yesterday afternoon I fulfilled a long standing promise to myself that
someday, before I met my maker, I'd get a set of ham radio operator
license plates for my car. I picked them up at the Registry of Motor
Vehicles, screwed them on and stood back to admire the "W1/BSV" on my
buggy. (The "/" is a little jagged lightening bolt symbol they put on
ham radio operator plates here in Taxachusetts.)

I pointed the new plates out to wifey when we got in the car to go home
yesterday. As expected, she was duly unimpressed.

Around noon today she asked me where in the parking lot I'd left the car
and rushed out of the office running late (what's new) for a dentist
appointment. She came pounding back in a couple of minutes later asking
me again where the car was. You can guess the rest... She was back ten
minutes after that in a real lather saying that my car must have been
stolen.

I walked her out to the parking lot and pointed to my car, within sight
of the office door. She'd forgotten about the license plate change and
must have run past the back end of my car five or six times looking for
a newish looking "silver car" with the old plate numbers on it. :-)

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)