surftom

Default Reading a tape measure...again

Tom,

I'd suggest making their pay proportional to their accuracy :-) 10%
for every 16th off.

Bwooohaaaaaahhhaaaa (evil laugh)

1) make sure they're properly equipped with good tools first
2) If your stuff is repetative make a "story stick" and work off that

It's hard to find good help

Tom

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message ...
After 3 major measuring screw-ups this week I put 3 employees on notice that
they had one month to learn to read a tape measure or...else. They are 60,
55, and 45 years old. How they got through life so far is beyond me. I
have tried to make go/no-go gauges for everything but this basic skill is
still needed and I can't be everywhere. I know I've been down this path
before and I'm so embarrassed that I still haven't been able to teach this
on this level. I have yet to find instructions for tape measures. I only
want 1/16" accuracy. Any thoughts?