Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Default Does amonia deter cats...

Siggy wrote:
In ,
Dave Fawthrop scribed:
On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 16:37:51 GMT, "The3rd Earl Of Derby"
wrote:

from visiting your yard if sprayed on the top of walls?

I'm trying to locate a source for obtaing the amonia,but having no
joy. Tried four chemist in the area and none stock it,whatever
happend to the old chemist where you could buy almost anything. :-(

No it ***ATTRACTS*** them. They thinks that another cat has peed
there to mark the place as belonging to that cat and pee over the
place to mark it as belonging to them. Wash places peed on by
cats with *biological* washing powder.

He wants it to clean his fingers of nicotine, really, but as he's a
tight git he wants another use for it too. )

They're crapping in the yard not peeing,short of getting the hose on the
cat, I can't see scrubbing the walls and yard will deter moggys from
revisiting? I did jet wash the yard when I first moved in,so maybe this is
a new cat on the block? as I've only recently seen this happening.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite