Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer

Default professional kitchen worktop fitting

In article , John
writes

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
.uk...
rookie wrote:

I too suspect he won't declare it, or not the full amount anyway. As
for mentioning it to him, I now don't see the threat improving my
chances of him rectifying his shoddy work, plus it would give the game
away and allow him to declare it

I often ask for & get paid in cash and I do declare it. I simply prefer
cash because it 'clears' instantly allowing me access to the funds
straight away. Why it still takes 4 working days to clear a cheque in the
year 2006 is beyond me.

Just in case you really want to know....

https://www.marketplace.lloydstsb.co...d=portal30&_sc
hema=PORTAL30

HTH

John

Fine olde world way of doing that isn't it. So why can't they scan the
cheque when its paid in, and transact with the paying bank for there and
then authorisation?......
--
Tony Sayer