Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower,misc.consumers.frugal-living
daestrom

Default GFX vs home brew

wrote in message
daestrom wrote:

Flat spiral == 7 feet diameter, 2 feet high...

... 4" high, fool.

Well, if by 'spiral' you mean some sort of serpentine.

A mere disk, only 1 layer tall.

Since the pipe is nominally 4", to get a spiral (even a 'flat spiral'),
you need at least 8" where one turn crosses over the other ;-)

... with no crossings.

7' diameter coils for 100' total length is only about 4.5 turns. Spread
out
in a flat spiral, that would be 7' wide and about 16' feet long. Still a
fair piece of real-estate.

I think we have some posting delay, and you musta missed this posting:

Yah, I think so.

I was thinking of a helical arrangement, you're talking about a spiral like
a phonograph groove.

Yes, it could be that small.

daestrom