Posted to comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair
Taliesyn

Default Problem with Canon Pixma ip4000 printer

Lionel wrote:

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 19:02:54 -0400, Taliesyn
opined:

wrote:

They said something about me having to take out the printing head of
the old one when the replacement arrives (I wasn't clear on exactly
what that meant, or maybe I misheard). That might mean they're shipping
a 4000 unit that doesn't have a head. But they'll be shipping it
Thurs., so I'll be able to relate the conclusion soon.

Shnaggletooth

It's pretty well standard procedure that you keep your old printhead
when the problem doesn't seem to be printhead related.

But in your case you CANNOT remove the printhead because the printhead
assembly won't center.

On most Canon inkjets it's easy to do it manually, via either of two
methods:

(1) If the printhead moves at all when you turn it on, do so, then
unplug the power cord as soon as the the has moved out of the
'parking' position.

(2) Turn off the printer & *gently* drag the head over to the center.

Thanks for the handy tips. I should print this out and store it should
mine ever go.

Welcome to the printer group. Nice to see any kind of Canon
representation here. HP's been served very nicely by Bob Headrick.

-Taliesyn