Posted to comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair
Lionel

Default Problem with Canon Pixma ip4000 printer

On 17 Apr 2006 08:49:32 -0700, opined:

X-No-Archive

My Canon Pixma ip4000 printer: I haven't used it in months, and barely
used it all before then, but just 2 weeks after my warranty ran out it
has decided to stop working. When power is turned on, the printer head
refuses to snap-to the center; it behaves as if it's locked or a pulley
(rubber band?) isn't working. The power light flashes alternatively
orange and green (which, according to the manual indicates a possible
"repair shop" problem.)

I'm a former Canon service center tech, & my advice is to call Canon
ASAP, explain the problem the way you've described it here, & ask
them nicely if they will cover it under warranty anyway.
Under the kind of circumstances you're describing, Canon are often
willing to stretch their warranty period a little.