clare @ snyder.on .ca

Default Reading a tape measure...again

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 21:28:18 -0500, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

After 3 major measuring screw-ups this week I put 3 employees on notice that
they had one month to learn to read a tape measure or...else. They are 60,
55, and 45 years old. How they got through life so far is beyond me. I
have tried to make go/no-go gauges for everything but this basic skill is
still needed and I can't be everywhere. I know I've been down this path
before and I'm so embarrassed that I still haven't been able to teach this
on this level. I have yet to find instructions for tape measures. I only
want 1/16" accuracy. Any thoughts?

Make them supply their own digital tapemeasures. And send them to an
optometrist to get their eyes checked. If they already have glasses,
teach them how to clean them.

If after these three steps have been taken they still cannot read the
tapemeasures, I guess it's pension time.