Posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.repair
jakdedert

Default The Perfect Gift: A Tool Box

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Mr Fed UP wrote:
Heh heh dont forget the asprin and $50 for the headache and one
tool you'll always have to go get for each job. And a 6" or 8"
knuckle buistin adjustable wrench. LOL

Don't forget a 4" pipe wrench for those tight spots! It has been a
real life saver to remove broken studs and broken pieces of bolts. I
have one made by Rigid.

BTW, you won't bust your knuckles if you buy a real wrench. 8" is too
short to get a good grip on things. I have a 12" and a 14" "New Britain"
adjustable, along with a 4" Xcelite in my electronics tools.

A common problem is to turn the adjustable wrench around the *wrong
way*! I've had people argue that there is no wrong orientation for the
common 'C' (Crescent) wrench, but there most certainly is. Do it wrong
and you'll be fine 75% of the time; but that one time when you need it
to really bite--and you do it wrong--*you* are the one who gets bitten.

The only tools I usually have to buy these days are new ones to
replace what walks away.

Boy Howdy! I recently moved my office/shop and salvaged the buildings
on the property at the same time. I'm still trying to find all my tools....

jak