mickcant

Default Is it possible to cut music noise through wall

Hi all,

I live in a top floor, of a three storey block of purpose built flats built
around forty years ago There are concrete floors between the levels and
there is no problem from below. On the one side of my flat, the wall that is
alongside the next door flat is a 9" laid flat concrete block wall finished
with plasterboard spot stuck to the wall with plaster. Is there anything I
can do to my side to cut some or even better all the Noise out; this is only
a problem when they are playing music, and alouth I use headphones when I
want to listen to music or watch a late film, they just blast out! As my
flat is a bed sit this same room is also my bedroom and I just cannot get to
sleep when it is blasting out. Hoping for helpful advice,

Would anyone also know if, because this is an Housing Association flat,
whether there are any grants available to help upgrade?

Ghetto blasters were not around when these flats were built!

pity they are now.

Mick Cant