Dan Caster

Default Help with CA Propane OPD exemptions anyone?

I am unsure if finding the regs would help. What you really need is
to ask the various propane distributors what they think is needed. If
they say that a stencil is adequate, then they will fill the tank. If
the regs say a stencil is adequate, the distributor may or may not
fill the tank.

Large tanks are exempt, so you could get a large tark filled and then
transfer propane to a smaller tank that is more convienent to use. As
far as I know this is legal as long as you don't transport the smaller
tank over public roads.

Dan

Bruce L. Bergman wrote in message

I need to find the California rules for marking a non-OPD propane
cylinder exempt for "Industrial Use" so it can be filled, and I can't
find that information anywhere. I have several older barbecue bottles
that are fine for use with my weed-burner, but nobody will fill them.

-- Bruce --