Posted to comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair

Default Problem with Canon Pixma ip4000 printer

X-No-Archive

My Canon Pixma ip4000 printer: I haven't used it in months, and barely
used it all before then, but just 2 weeks after my warranty ran out it
has decided to stop working. When power is turned on, the printer head
refuses to snap-to the center; it behaves as if it's locked or a pulley
(rubber band?) isn't working. The power light flashes alternatively
orange and green (which, according to the manual indicates a possible
"repair shop" problem.)

Before I bring this to a shop and spend probably the amount I paid for
it brand-new, is there a way of fixing this oneself?

Shnaggletooth