Posted to uk.d-i-y
marvelous

Default Insulating a raised floor ??

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 08:46:46 GMT, Gav ""gavbriggs\"@[cut the
spam]blueyonder.co.uk" wrote:

bendit wrote:
I have an old 60 year old house that has a raised timber ground floor
above a concrete floor. The void is aprox 3 ft.

Traditionally you would fill this with hardcore and then a layer of
concrete, to form a new floor.

But my wife insisted on getting laminate flooring ontop of the T&G and
beams, and I do not want to lift that.

Is there any other way of insulating the floor void. I have thought
about injecting cavity wall insulation.

Any ideas or suggestions that the regulations people would accept ???

i would seriously consider kingspan, all you have to do is put lats
over(under in actual fact) to hold it up and if you need to it can
easily be removed and put back for maintainance on the floor/pipework!

How did you seal gaps around the edges of the Kingspan to keep the
warm air above the insulation?