Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Default GFX vs home brew

Solar Flare wrote:

So you are saying "Better nick's wife batting him around than ours"?

Mine objected to 300 55 gallon drums on the lawn. When I moved 200 into
a greenhouse and the rest into the basement, that was OK. Go figure.

| I can relate to that, having spent about 40 hours in the last 2 weeks
| visiting various plumbing supply stores. It's been fun learning names
| of fittings, like "bullnose T" and "Dismukes crampon lifter."

Fat plumbers in grimy jeans come in and say "Gimmie a 45 degree Thomson
slidearm and a couple of 16" vertical Whittakers with the purple nibs."

This may be some of the best and most encouraging news I've seen
posted to alt.solar.thermal!

I've admired Nick's tenacity in dealing with the math of solar issues;
but deplored his seeming inability to "get his wheels on the ground."

Do what you do best. Lots of people can build things that don't leak.
I'd like to know why the energy that flows into the gwhx is less than
the energy that flows out during a shower, in that simulation.

Nick, bless you! Get out even more. Take some of those fittings home
with you and play with 'em! Build at least rough prototypes of your
ideas and take pictures to share...

My 4th HP digital camera stopped working. They seem fragile. Otherwise,
you might see me stretching the curves out of 300' of 1" pipe with
a tree and a pickup truck.

Nick