Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller

Default Slight Grit in Home Water

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. com...

"Larry R Harrison Jr" wrote in message
. net...
We just moved in an old trailer, and seem to notice slight grit in the
water, particularly coming out of the shower. Sometime back I washed an
old pot and it had that "taste" in it, thought it was because it was an
old pot--after all, other dishes I washed seemed fine--but meanwhile we
just now managed to fix our hot water in our shower, and I've noticed
some gritty taste in my mouth after showering.

What is the likely cause of this? Incidentally, the main pipes underneath
are PVC plastic, making this even stranger.

You have a well? Could be picking up sand and grit from the well bottom.
Get your water tested. A filter or two and perhaps a softener are in
order.

It could also be that there is sediment in the heater, and that is getting
picked up.
Flushing the heater might help, as might putting a filter on the incoming
water.