Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom

Default better bandsaw cuts

"Toller" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there a trick to making more accurate bandsaw cuts? Try as I might,
when I cut pieces out there is small ups and downs along the cut line.
I try to go slow and stay on the line or along one edge of it but stil
end up with some hills and valleys. My bandsaw blade is quite thin, may
1/4", do you suppose going to a thicker blade would help?

Certainly a wider blade is for straight cuts, and a 1/4" is fairly thin.
Or it could just be the bandsaw...
I used to borrow a friends when I needed a bandsaw and could never cut
anything straight, or accurately follow a curve. I figured bandsaws were
over rated.
Then I bought my own. It cuts straight when I want it to, and follows
curves pretty easily. YMMV

Check your blade tension first. If it's not set for your type blade i. e.
1/2, 3/8", etc. your cuts will be crappy.