Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Robert Gammon

Default GFX vs home brew

wrote:
Robert Gammon wrote:

Flat spiral == 7 feet diameter, 2 feet high...

... 4" high, fool.

Nick

Ok, 4 INCHES high actually 4.5 inches high as that is the diameter of
your outer tubing.

Still 7 feet in diameter, it could only hang vertically on the garage
wall, over thee plastic, steel, aluminum, paper recycling rack and the
sewage ejector pump would sit under the rack. The sewage ejector pump
would cost around $350. Punching a hole in the slab would cost another
$350. Installing the sewage ejector in the hole, running power to it,
hooking it up to the sewer, installing a vent pipe to the collection
tank, piping in the potable water and back tothe hot water tank will
cost another $500+ as I will NOT do this myself.

This is getting to be EXPENSIVE for a project that will save me maybe
$10-$20/mo on my Natural Gas Plus Solar Hot water system.

Now in new house, not likely to install Solar, but could. DHW is likely
to be a 190K BTU tankless model, and I could easily install either
Nick's or GFX. MY choice, given that budget will NOT be a concern,
will be GFX. May even plumb the GFX thru the geothermal heat pump as it
will be in the same room, and preheat the input to he GFX - maybe
overkill to do that, but anything will be possible.