Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
robo hippy

Default Are some persistent circular streaks forever?

Arch,
I must admit that I have been trying to figure that one out for a
while, with only moderate success. Sometimes there are a million of
them, sometimes only a few, some times none, sometimes they sand out,
sometimes you can sand through to the other side, and they are still
there, even though they don't show on the outside. For some reason,
they appear 95% of the time on the inside of the bowl and not on the
outside. Some one told me it is because of rubbing the bevel and to
grind off the shoulder of your gouge. that seems to work, but only
sometimes. Why? My best guess is that it is some variation of Murphy's
Law.
robo hippy