Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch

Default Are some persistent circular streaks forever?

The wood finally spoke to me last night. Actually it laughed at me.
"Arch, you are one miserable woodturner". "Once you let me have them,
circular streaks are mine".

"Sharpen your tools til they are scary, shear scrape wisps off me as
gently as you will, power sand my surface both electric and angle driven
from 60g to 600g, repeat it all by hand with the grain till the cows
come home, reverse the lathe, speed it up, slow it down, raise the fuzz
with holy water". "petition. incant, om, whatever you believe you may as
well give up, get out your best gouge and start over". "No matter what
you do once you add a clear finish my circular streaks shall return and
you can't buff them out".

"You will never take my circular streaks from me, I'm an NIP. All we
open grain timbers think streaks are good things and we'll fight to keep
them. I know your peers think they are ugly, but you may as well give up
and get over it".
Fellow turners, I need help. Is there an answer to this arrogant NIP's
streaking or are there some things that good technique can't buy and for
everything else there's rcw.
p.s. Sorry to have posted a lot of word salads lately. A simple "How do
you get rid of circular streaks?" was enough.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter