Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Anyone With Any Knowledge Regarding How Water Temp's are Determined In Washing Mach. ?

Robert11 wrote:
Hello:

For anyone that might have any knowledge regarding how water temp's are
determined for a front loading washing machine:

I'm pretty sure that on all the machines I've ever used, there are just
two solenoid valves. "Cold" opens the cold one, "hot" opens the hot
one, and "warm" opens both. There's a level sensor, of course, but no
temp sensor. If you have a fancy computerized machine, though, things
may be different.

If the "cold" water is any warmer than cold tap water, then perhaps
Maytag has discovered a temperature that is warm enough to give better
cleaning performance, but cool enough to prevent damage. I never really
gave it much thought, actually; I pretty much wash everything on
"regular."