Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Robert11

Default Anyone With Any Knowledge Regarding How Water Temp's are Determined In Washing Mach. ?

Hello:

For anyone that might have any knowledge regarding how water temp's are
determined for a front loading washing machine:

My wife is driving me crazy over this.
Claims that when our machine is on "cold" the water is way too warm.

We have a Maytag Neptune Washing Machine purchased in 2003 (Horiz. model)
The Model No. is: MAH 5500BWW.

Would like to understand how they adjust the water temp's that you select
like
"warm", etc. ?

Is there an actual thermostat, or do they just "time" the e.g., cold inflow
of water, or are there different orifice openings to control amount of,
or... ?

Do these things (if a thermostat / thermistor, or control board) tend to go
bad often ? Anything else that might be the problem ?

Thanks,

Bob