Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack

Default Insulating a raised floor ??

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 10:39:50 GMT, Rick wrote:

Kingspan / polystyering have similar mechanical properties. Kingspan
insulates twice as well per mm of thickness, so you use half as much
or get it twice as good. B&Q prices were 50mm thick 17.05 100mm 32.54
for an 8x4 sheet inc VAT, these were competative when I last checked.

You can use sprayfaom to fill in any gaps you leave.

The rockwall solution is massivly unplesant, not only to fit, but to
do any work on pipes/wires in the future. Rockwayy themselves do some
floor insulation slabs which expand to tightly fit beween joists, I
have not used these yet, but they may work out well for you.

Rick

Thanks for the useful info, I'll go and check the price of Rockwool
polythene tubing and chicken wire or plastic mesh now.
--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the (EGG) to email me.