Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

Default hot tub temperature

Paul M. Eldridge wrote:

I've purchased lots of products through Sears over the years,
including just about all of my major appliances -- Kenmore mostly, but
other name brands such as Frigidaire and Bosch as well.

Most of the appliances sold under the Kenmore name are, in fact, made
by Whirlpool, or at least that has traditionally been the case; I
understand Sears provided the initial start-up capital for Whirlpool
and has, not surprisingly, always maintained a close working
relationship with the company. It's fair to say millions of people
have bought Kenmore appliances over the years and millions more will
continue to do so in the future, because they're highly satisfied with
the product and, just as importantly, the way Sears stands behind it.
There's a strong sense of trust, respect and a true brand loyalty that
is largely unmatched.

In terms of spas, it's not uncommon for a manufacturer to offer two,
three or more brands that target specific groups of consumers at
different price points.... much in the same way GM markets its
vehicles through various divisions. Certainly the features -- and,
yes, as can be expected, the quality -- will vary alongside the price.
After all, you don't buy a Neon and expect it to perform like a HEMI
300C. :-)

Cheers,
Paul

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 01:46:07 -0400, mm
wrote:

I'm interested in what people think about things that are BY other
named companies.

Isn't the reason they don't sell their cheap models under their own
name is that they don't want to ruin their reputtation?

The only experience I have is with Sears, and I do believe in their
case, that's not the situation. Although I live a lone and don't use
my appliances much, my stove, refrigerator, dish washing and clothes
washer are all 27 years old and doing fine. And the clothese washer
does look, INSIDE, like a whirlpool, that I have had experience with
under that name.

But Sears is different from Walmart and many other places. OTher
than sears, I repeat the question in my second paragrapgh.

Hi,
But there is always best bang for the buck. Paying more money does not
mean better product at some point. Lots of high end stuffs most often
just have more bells and whistles which is prone to give more troubles.
Specially electronic gadgets. How many times all this bells and whistles
are used routlinely?