Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick

Default Insulating a raised floor ??

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 06:51:56 GMT, bendit wrote:

I have an old 60 year old house that has a raised timber ground floor
above a concrete floor. The void is aprox 3 ft.

Traditionally you would fill this with hardcore and then a layer of
concrete, to form a new floor.

But my wife insisted on getting laminate flooring ontop of the T&G and
beams, and I do not want to lift that.

Is there any other way of insulating the floor void. I have thought
about injecting cavity wall insulation.

Any ideas or suggestions that the regulations people would accept ???

I went under mine and used 1 of 2 techniques

1) rockwall held in place with plastic mesh - horrid job to do
2) polysyerine cut and wedged in.

I would use kingspan if I did it again.

Rick