Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack

Default Insulating a raised floor ??

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 06:51:56 GMT, bendit wrote:

I have an old 60 year old house that has a raised timber ground floor
above a concrete floor. The void is aprox 3 ft.

Traditionally you would fill this with hardcore and then a layer of
concrete, to form a new floor.

But my wife insisted on getting laminate flooring ontop of the T&G and
beams, and I do not want to lift that.

Is there any other way of insulating the floor void. I have thought
about injecting cavity wall insulation.

Any ideas or suggestions that the regulations people would accept ???

There's usually access to the under floor area. Mine's via a few loose
boards inside a cupboard. I've yet to insulate my ground floor area.
My immediate neighbour went down to look at his the other day and
found that there was rockwool between the joists, held in place by a
covering of chicken wire.
--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack