Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B

Default hot tub temperature

"Mys Terry" wrote in message
On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 12:12:25 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

"Mys Terry" wrote

Parts for spas are very easy to get for any brand, regardless of where
you
live.
It's called "The Internet".

Whatever winds yer clock. I prefer when I need a part to just take the
old
part to the shop, match it up, and get a new one. Yes, the Internet is
great, but it is not without its problems. I can have a part in an hour,
and on the Internet, I have to wait a few days.

I always have that more expensive option if I'm in a hurry, but then, this
is
not a heart/lung machine we're talking about. If it's down for a few days,
nobody will die.

Once I needed a pump. I
called around. I found a used rebuilt one for 1/4 the cost of new. It's
still chugging. If one gets the wrong part on the Internet, the spa is
down
for a week due to shipping logistics. That is unacceptable to me.

You are paying a price for your impatience. Local dealers are often out of
stock
on the one part you happen to need. Then they put it in their weekly stock
order
and you wait much longer than I do ordering my parts from the same
warehouse
your dealer uses. It's pretty hard to order the wrong part when they have
photographs on the website. Once you know that your jets are made by
"Turbo
Industries" and your electronics were made by "Sparky Technology", It's
very
easy to pick out the right parts. The electronics "box" in spas are called
"Spa Pack" and they are all distinct looking. Photographs of the circuit
board
inside are like a fingerprint. When my heater element failed, the dealer
would
have had a "heater assembly" as a replacement, for $250. Online, I could
buy
just the element that was bad for $40 plus shipping. I bought two so I
will have
a spare.

Jets are easy to match up exactly, and for that matter, you may decide to
substitute a different type. They all simply mount through a hole, after
all.
You can mix brands if you desire.

So, finding a brand of spa that has a local dealer, TO ME, is an important
consideration for support.

I'm sure the dealer appreciates your enthusiasm and endless supply of
ready
cash.

But you can't beat filter prices on the Internet compared to local shops.

Yeah, I'm sure the local dealer is more competitive on service parts that
he has
you convinced are proprietary!

You seem to know everything there is to know. It would be senseless for me
to continue talking with you.

Steve