Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B

Default hot tub temperature

"KLS" wrote

Why don't you give the OP some names to look for? What manufacturers
do you consider "top manufacturers"? I have heard negative things
about ThermoSpa not honoring warranties (they advertise heavily on
cable television). In my view, Beachcomber (which I have), Hot
Springs, Marquis, Jacuzzi, and a couple of others qualify as good,
reliable spas.

In our part of the country, Catalina is tops. The other brand names you
mentioned are good, but I was told by a spa EXPERT that unless you live in
the state that manufacturers them, or you have a dealer near by that they
are hard to get parts for.

I would suggest that the OP, and all others use a thing called Google. It
is a very handy device, kind of like a reference library on steroids. In
it, one can get all sorts of things. I just did a search on "hot tub
ratings" and got 10,300,000 answers in .30 seconds. They range from
Consumer Reports, Pool and Spa News, etc. People who see spas every day.

To suggest any here would not be good. I will suggest Catalina since they
are a standard in the industry. A friend of mine in California has a new
Hot Springs spa, but there is no supplier in my town, so getting parts would
be difficult for me if I owned one here.

Do two things. Count the pumps, and count the jets. Buy one that has at
least two pumps, and one that has the most number of jets. And look for the
Catalina name plate.

Steve