Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B

Default hot tub temperature

"Jud McCranie" wrote in message
On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 18:24:11 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

You're looking at a spa from Walmart? Save your money and buy a good one,
or a used one. The ones from Walmart don't last and don't have a lot of
jets.

What about the ones at Home Depot? (We haven't been there yet
either.)

I don't like those either. I like the top manufacturers, and that then
limits you to a used spa. Yes, it is attractive to get a nice shiny new
one. But, what kind of parts and service department do WallyWorld and the
Borg have? With brand name spas, you can always get parts. I have changed
heating elements, blown fuses, pumps, and fixed hoses that have come undone.
Never had to pay for a $80 per hour service man. BUT, I was able to go to
the spa supplier and buy the parts.

It's hard to say which is the way to go for you. Just try to get the
most/best for your money.

Hot tubs are great. I enjoy ours a lot.

Steve