Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin Mormon

Default Burning smell from outlet

Yes, glad you have a licensed electrician involved.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I got an electrician over here. Here was the problem: That was an
outlet rated for 15 amps, on a circuit rated for 20 amps (hence the
fridge being on the same circuit). It was getting too much power, so
it melted. He pigtailed b to b and w to w like you guys said, with a
copper wire coming off each, and put in a 20 amp outlet. Anyway, I'm
gonna have a prof. electrician replace all the outlets with CO/ALR
outlets.

Thanks for all of your responses here, I really appreciate it.

Steve