Posted to rec.woodworking
BT98

Default SHOPFOX DEALER PLANER QUESTION

I just got a lesson today from a Shopfox dealer. I had checking around
to buy a 15 inch planer. I looked at Jet, Delta, Grizzly, Woodtek,
Shopfox and Yorkcraft on the internet. Not having catalogs I compared
all the specs and decided on a Grizzly GO453. I come to find out that
Grizzly and Shopfox are the same parent company and Grizzly is mail
order and ShopFox is sold through dealers. Shopfox gave me the name of
dealers to call in my area and the shop fox dealer I called did not
recommend the Shopfox since it not the quality as some of the other
equipment. He suggested Seco, which is another brand he sells and
looks the same with same specs and for more money. He said some of
their stuff is made in China with soft and poor castings and the Seco
is made in Taiwan was better quality. He commented on a Jet Vacuum that
a customer had the impeller broke and was not available from Jet
anymore for that unit since Jet changed overseas manufactures of that
unit and they were not interchangeable. I wonder if anyone else has
had this experience.

Should I give up on Shopfox or find a different dealer? What is an ISO
manufacture?
Bill