John

Default The Machinist (suspense movie)

michael wrote:

Bill Roberto wrote:

"chem" wrote in message
Heh, check it out:

The Machinist - a suspense movie

"Trevor Reznik, a machinist, has lost the ability to sleep. But this is
no ordinary insomnia. Trevor has not slept in a year. Fatigue has led to
a shocking deterioration of his physical and mental health. Suspicious
of his appearance, Trevor’s co-workers first shy away from him, then
turn against him after he’s involved in a shop accident that costs a man
his arm. They blame Trevor for the accident. He has become a liability
to himself and others, and now they want him out."

More at http://www.filmaxinternational.com/fichas/1100.htm

--

www.xanga.com/chemgurl

That story line is rather generic. People's feelings, drama, etc. etc. who
cares. I think a movie titled "The Machinist" should play more like a world
famous heart surgeon (the machinist) bombarded with almost dead patients
(parts). The drama would be the daily solving of complex problems and
obstacles while not killing the patient. There could be generic hospital
type drama like one real brilliant machinist surrounded by a group of people
consantly battling for place in the pecking order. I could make the time to
help write and even star in it.

A crippled sub lays on the bottom in the Atlantic, the crew alive, but time is
running short. Out on the Best Coast a chopper, engine idling, awaits outside of
an industrial building for the only one capable of making the key part to enable
a sucessful rescue, THE MACHINIST. (dramatic instrumental here) He finishes the
part, it's rushed out to the chopper which is spooling up, ready to whisk it to
the nearest AF base to a waitng SR-71............

I would pay to see a machinist movie that depicts us as the heroes we truly are.

michael

then when the part gets there to do its job they find the engineer
that made the print (fill in a name_) made a mistake on the cad drawing
because he used http://www.geocities.com/banquercadcam/ Another
machinist uin the nuddke if the Atlantic ocean on a rolling ship with
only a file a hammer and a chisel finishes the part to the right
dimensions and saves the day.

John