\PrecisionMachinisT\

Default The Machinist (suspense movie)

"John" wrote in message
michael wrote:

Bill Roberto wrote:

"chem" wrote in message
Heh, check it out:

The Machinist - a suspense movie

"Trevor Reznik, a machinist, has lost the ability to sleep. But this

is
no ordinary insomnia. Trevor has not slept in a year. Fatigue has

led to
a shocking deterioration of his physical and mental health.

Suspicious
of his appearance, Trevor's co-workers first shy away from him, then
turn against him after he's involved in a shop accident that costs a

man
his arm. They blame Trevor for the accident. He has become a

liability
to himself and others, and now they want him out."

More at http://www.filmaxinternational.com/fichas/1100.htm

--

www.xanga.com/chemgurl

That story line is rather generic. People's feelings, drama, etc. etc.

who
cares. I think a movie titled "The Machinist" should play more like a

world
famous heart surgeon (the machinist) bombarded with almost dead

patients
(parts). The drama would be the daily solving of complex problems and
obstacles while not killing the patient. There could be generic

hospital
type drama like one real brilliant machinist surrounded by a group of

people
consantly battling for place in the pecking order. I could make the

time to
help write and even star in it.

A crippled sub lays on the bottom in the Atlantic, the crew alive, but

time is
running short. Out on the Best Coast a chopper, engine idling, awaits

outside of
an industrial building for the only one capable of making the key part

to enable
a sucessful rescue, THE MACHINIST. (dramatic instrumental here) He

finishes the
part, it's rushed out to the chopper which is spooling up, ready to

whisk it to
the nearest AF base to a waitng SR-71............

I would pay to see a machinist movie that depicts us as the heroes we

truly are.

michael

then when the part gets there to do its job they find the engineer
that made the print (fill in a name_) made a mistake on the cad drawing
because he used http://www.geocities.com/banquercadcam/ Another
machinist uin the nuddke if the Atlantic ocean on a rolling ship with
only a file a hammer and a chisel finishes the part to the right
dimensions and saves the day.

Nawwww.........

He dont need no steenkin file, he has a horizontal cnc knee mill on board
and he's got bobcad V14 all loaded up on a laptop, he does a few quick MDI
edits, trims a little here and there and waa laaa........

jon saves the day.

--

SVL

John Scheldroup

"Bill Roberto" wrote in message
ink.net...

"chem" wrote in message
[...]

Moontrap - Walter Koenig/Chekov

The drama would be the daily solving of complex problems and
obstacles while not killing the patient. There could be generic hospital
type drama like one real brilliant machinist surrounded by a group of people
consantly battling for place in the pecking order. I could make the time to
help write and even star in it.

I want a remake or sequel to "The Car". Actually I think James Brolin would
be the best choice for the sequel. Broling looks great, must be a runner and liberalg.
Married to Barbera Streisand last I heard, though I have been in a cave for some time g.

Winston

(Snip)

I would pay to see a machinist movie that depicts us as the heroes we truly are.

Yeah, but your lathe will be portrayed as having supernatural powers.
Just look what the entertainment industry did to our friends the radio
amateurs:

http://www2.arrl.org/news/features/2001/11/15/1/

Bidirectional time - traveling radio waves. Sheesh.

--Winston "My mother the Clausing"

Pete Logghe

"Bill Roberto" wrote in message link.net...
"michael" wrote in message
Bill Roberto wrote:

"chem" wrote in message
[...]

The movie _Juggernaut_ 1974?
nudged me into electronics.
Simular deal...

Pete

jon banquer

I could make the time to help write and even star in it.

You would probably have to be join the screen actors guild. :)

How's that anti union at all costs position working out for you
now ? ;)

jon

"michael" wrote in message
Bill Roberto wrote:

"chem" wrote in message
[...]

jon banquer

Oops, I see that Michael wrote this not you, Bill.

My bad.

Ya never wanted to be in the movies anyway though right,
Bill. :)

jon

"michael" wrote in message
Bill Roberto wrote:

"chem" wrote in message
[...]

michael

\"PrecisionMachinisT\" wrote:

"John" wrote in message
michael wrote:

Bill Roberto wrote:

"chem" wrote in message
[...]

or.........

the arrogant know-it-all programmer that never makes mistakes has choked (but
slides the blame onto some unsuspecting soul who is fired on the spot) and since
MDI edits are *never* allowed, the program is reposted *6* times! (unsuspecting
soul is chased by violent mob while know-it-all programmer snickers to himself,
he being the only one that could save unsuspecting soul from being lynched).
Sadly, unsuspecting soul's name is remembered for decades as the slime who
caused the suffocation of all hands in the crippled sub. 75 years later the
truth is accidently uncoverd by researchers going over old computer discs found
intact in a landfill at the base of a steep hillside.
Alas, no happy ending, although THE MACHINIST did such a fabulous job and the
sailors were *nearly* saved because of his/her efforts.

Good night, drive safely all.

michael

Gary H. Lucas

"John" wrote in message
michael wrote:

Bill Roberto wrote:

"chem" wrote in message
[...]

I arrived at a customers once to find them getting ready to shut down a
whole chemical plant because a pump coupling had busted and buggered the
shaft up real bad. They had been hacking at thing for a couple of hours and
still couldn't get a new one on. I asked them to hold off for half an hour
and let me take a whack at it. Shutting down meant a two day startup with
losses of $8000 an hour. I drove across the street to our shop and got a
pair of digital calipers, a magic marker and a good file. In half an hour I
had the coupling back on and the plant was kept running. Oops, wrong movie,
I was and electrician in that version! Sorry!

Gary H. Lucas

John

"Winston" wrote in message
(Snip)

I would pay to see a machinist movie that depicts us as the heroes we

truly are.

Yeah, but your lathe will be portrayed as having supernatural powers.
Just look what the entertainment industry did to our friends the radio
amateurs:

http://www2.arrl.org/news/features/2001/11/15/1/

Bidirectional time - traveling radio waves. Sheesh.

--Winston "My mother the Clausing"

It's pretty bad when you're a amateur radio op. *and* a machinist!!

John, (W7JDA)

Gary H. Lucas

"Winston" wrote in message
(Snip)

I would pay to see a machinist movie that depicts us as the heroes we

truly are.

Yeah, but your lathe will be portrayed as having supernatural powers.
Just look what the entertainment industry did to our friends the radio
amateurs:

http://www2.arrl.org/news/features/2001/11/15/1/

Bidirectional time - traveling radio waves. Sheesh.

--Winston "My mother the Clausing"

Just as the bad guy sneaks up him taking a roughing cut the machinist pushes
the feed rate WAY up. A huge hot chip comes spiraling off the tool and
spears the bad guy with the big wrench right through the heart. The blood
sizzles as spurts on the hot metal in the chuck.

The way Hollywood would do it today.

Gary H. Lucas

Bill Roberto

"jon banquer" wrote in message
I could make the time to help write and even star in it.

You would probably have to be join the screen actors guild. :)

How's that anti union at all costs position working out for you
now ? ;)

jon

Jon,

Allow me to illustrate how you are all ****ed up with this union nonsense. I
will write, produce, direct and star in this small independent film. I will
only hire job shop machinists, no engineers, no union machinists. The day's
pay on the set will be a 12 pack of their favorite beer, $100 cash, and a
percentage of distribution. After I win Cannes, and Sundance the film will
become a cult classic. We all get $1,000,000 a piece in distribution. Now
why in the blue **** would I need a union?

Ed Angell

"chem" wrote in message
Heh, check it out:

I saw the original script for this movie in Dallas Texas in 1986, that

shows you how difficult it is to get a movie made. Unless the script has
substantial changes, it has some really interesting twists that aren't
explained in the synopsis. So as not to give the good stuff away, the one
hint is in the title "The Machinist".

My congratulations to Brad the director for hanging in there for all these
years, I'm sorry that I wasn't around to art direct the film.

Ed Angell

john

Gary H. Lucas wrote:

"John" wrote in message
michael wrote:

Bill Roberto wrote:

"chem" wrote in message
[...]

I guess your not a good union man g

John
Tom Accuosti

"Bill Roberto" wrote in
message
. net
| "jon banquer" wrote in message
||| I could make the time to help write and even star in it.
|| You would probably have to be join the screen actors guild. :)
|| How's that anti union at all costs position working out for you
|| now ? ;)
|| jon
|

| Jon,
|
| Allow me to illustrate how you are all ****ed up with this union
| nonsense. I will write, produce, direct and star in this small
| independent film. I will only hire job shop machinists, no engineers,
| no union machinists. The day's pay on the set will be a 12 pack of
| their favorite beer, $100 cash, and a percentage of distribution.
After
| I win Cannes, and Sundance the film will become a cult classic. We all
| get $1,000,000 a piece in distribution. Now why in the blue **** would
| I need a union?

If you can schedule the shoot near my vacation time, I'm in. I can act,
too - I act like I'm working all the time.

Instead of beer, maybe a few bottles of a nice Chianti for me, okay
Bill?

moT

Bing

[...]

No engineers and no goats?
What do ya got against goats?

Jeeesus!

Bill

"Bill Roberto" wrote in message link.net...
More at http://www.filmaxinternational.com/fichas/1100.htm

--

www.xanga.com/chemgurl

That story line is rather generic....

"Plagued with guilt, Trevor's shame becomes suspicion, then paranoia,
when it appears his workmates are conspiring to have him fired –- or
worse. First he finds cryptic notes left in his apartment. Next he's
told that a mysterious co-worker involved in the accident doesn't
exist."

Looks like plagiarism to me. Sound a bit like "Beautiful Mind"?

--
Bill
Bill Roberto

"Tom Accuosti" wrote in message
hlink.net...
"Bill Roberto" wrote in
message
. net
| "jon banquer" wrote in message
||| I could make the time to help write and even star in it.
|| You would probably have to be join the screen actors guild. :)
|| How's that anti union at all costs position working out for you
|| now ? ;)
|| jon
|

| Jon,
|
| Allow me to illustrate how you are all ****ed up with this union
| nonsense. I will write, produce, direct and star in this small
| independent film. I will only hire job shop machinists, no engineers,
| no union machinists. The day's pay on the set will be a 12 pack of
| their favorite beer, $100 cash, and a percentage of distribution.
After
| I win Cannes, and Sundance the film will become a cult classic. We all
| get $1,000,000 a piece in distribution. Now why in the blue **** would
| I need a union?

If you can schedule the shoot near my vacation time, I'm in. I can act,
too - I act like I'm working all the time.

Instead of beer, maybe a few bottles of a nice Chianti for me, okay
Bill?

moT

,moT

I'll put you down as "in". Two buck chuck o.k.? If not I have a European
deli that has great deals on some excellent imports.

jon banquer

We all get $1,000,000 a piece in distribution.

Sing with me:

Fairly tales can come true... it could happen to you. :)

jon

[...]

Gary

jon banquer wrote:

Sing with me:

The monkeys have no tails in San Marenga...

Gunner

On 6 Nov 2003 13:45:04 -0800, (Bill) wrote:

"Bill Roberto" wrote in message link.net...
More at
http://www.filmaxinternational.com/fichas/1100.htm

--

www.xanga.com/chemgurl

That story line is rather generic....

"Plagued with guilt, Trevor's shame becomes suspicion, then paranoia,
when it appears his workmates are conspiring to have him fired –- or
worse. First he finds cryptic notes left in his apartment. Next he's
told that a mysterious co-worker involved in the accident doesn't
exist."

Looks like plagiarism to me. Sound a bit like "Beautiful Mind"?

Or a Far Side cartoon.

Gunner

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
Paul K. Dickman

Gary wrote in message ...

The monkeys have no tails in San Marenga...

That's Zamboanga. It's a city in the Philippines. Apparently, a city with
monkey and whale problems.

Paul K. Dickman

Tom Accuosti

Bill Roberto wrote:
"Tom Accuosti" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Bill Roberto" wrote in
message
k.net
| "jon banquer" wrote in message
||| I could make the time to help write and even star in it.
|| You would probably have to be join the screen actors guild. :)
|| How's that anti union at all costs position working out for you
|| now ? ;)
|| jon
|

| Jon,
|
| Allow me to illustrate how you are all ****ed up with this union
| nonsense. I will write, produce, direct and star in this small
| independent film. I will only hire job shop machinists, no engineers,
| no union machinists. The day's pay on the set will be a 12 pack of
| their favorite beer, $100 cash, and a percentage of distribution.
After
| I win Cannes, and Sundance the film will become a cult classic. We all
| get $1,000,000 a piece in distribution. Now why in the blue **** would
| I need a union?

If you can schedule the shoot near my vacation time, I'm in. I can act,
too - I act like I'm working all the time.

Instead of beer, maybe a few bottles of a nice Chianti for me, okay
Bill?

moT

,moT

I'll put you down as "in". Two buck chuck o.k.? If not I have a European
deli that has great deals on some excellent imports.

Two buck chuck? Would that be foreign or domestic? Gotta keep up
appearances, y'know.

moT
(My first test message with Mozilla, BTW)

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 15:12:16 GMT, "Bill Roberto"
wrote:

"jon banquer" wrote in message
I could make the time to help write and even star in it.

You would probably have to be join the screen actors guild. :)

How's that anti union at all costs position working out for you
now ? ;)

jon

Jon,

Allow me to illustrate how you are all ****ed up with this union nonsense. I
will write, produce, direct and star in this small independent film. I will
only hire job shop machinists, no engineers, no union machinists. The day's
pay on the set will be a 12 pack of their favorite beer, $100 cash, and a
percentage of distribution. After I win Cannes, and Sundance the film will
become a cult classic. We all get $1,000,000 a piece in distribution. Now
why in the blue **** would I need a union?

Cause without a union bug you won't ever get proper distribution, and
that mil you're hoping for will dissipate in legal fees.

JonG WGAw emeritus