Posted to alt.home.repair
JohnR66

Default Plexiglass Cutting

"Steve B" wrote in message
news:jCi%f.411$QP4.159@fed1read12...

"JohnR66" wrote

Sounds like the OP has display uses
in mind.
John

What I want to use it for is to cut long rectangular panels, say 4" x 3'
to imitate some of the Frank Lloyd Wright designs. These will either be
mounted by drilling mounting holes and attaching them to standoffs, or
holding them inside frames made of tubular steel. Either way, they will
have to be nice looking in the finished form, and free from cracks and
blemishes. They will be suspended, and will get no wear from contact. I
intend to make some pot racks that are takeoffs on Frank Lloyd Wright
designs.

Steve

Please see my other post concerning proper tools. If drilling, you also need
special bits made of drilling hard plastics or risk chipping and fracturing
the work piece. If this is a one time project, finalize your design and have
the work done by a fabricator rather than spending $$ on the proper bits and
blades and the frustration of (and wasting time & materials) learning how to
work acrylic sheet.
Acrylic is a fun and challenging material to fabricate displays with if you
want to put forth the effort.

John