Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Keillor

Default SPINDLE TAPER ADAPTER

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 13:26:36 -0500, "Robert Swinney"
wrote:

Dean" wrote in message
I've got a 1977 Clausing Colchester 21 x 80 lathe with a D1-11 spindle
nose and a 3-9/16 spindle thru hole. The lathe was missing the spindle
Morse taper adapter. Does anyone know where I could find one &/or does
anyone know what the spindle taper may be? It is bigger than a #7 Morse
which I understand to be the biggest "standard" Morse taper.
Dunno! But if you have a 4-jaw chuck for that bad boy, it'd be a neat
project to make one. Requisite tapers could be turned with the compound.

Bob Swinney

Or just call Royal. They'll know the taper and which of their
adapters fits.

Pete Keillor