Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn

Default Should I try to install tile in my master bathroom?

martini wrote:
I just redid my bathroom and the biggest mistake I made was to wait too
long before cleaning the tiles after grouting. If you want to avoid
having grout haze and the difficulty of removing this grout haze, make
sure you clean the tiles and grout lines well after grouting. You have
to find a compromise between over cleaning and not cleaning enough of
the grout. Overcleaning and using too much water will leave you with
weak grout joints that can crack, not cleaning enough and waiting too
long to clean the grout will leave you with hazed grout lines which are
a pain to clean.

Just my input, as I am still working on removing the grout haze left on
my grout joints. After sugar and water mixture, I will move to acid
cleaners.

Steven

When we were shopping for tile at a real tile store, we heard a very sad
story from another customer. She and hubby had retiled a family room,
didn't clean the grout haze until it dried, and then used muriatic acid.
Wanted something to repair the damage )