Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding
Mr Wizzard

Default Drying welding rod in a barbeque grill?

"Gary Owens" wrote in message
om...

And what would happen as soon as the cat saw that. Imagine welding with

rod
soaked in cat ****.

No, no, no, you got it wrong.... I'm not talking about
using -THE- main litter box, I'm talking about some
deticated pan on a shelf somewhere with that silica-gel
cat litter stuff. But I do see your point - cat sees anything
that looks like at litter pan, *expeically* a "clean" litter pan,
and ****s flowing (litterally). Good point. But seriusly...

gary

"Mr Wizzard" wrote in message
Why not just soak em in that new Silica Gel cat litter ?
No heat, no propane-moisture issues, no cow fat inclusion
problems. Maybe make up a deticated cat little box, put
the 7018 in an old nylon, and cover up in the litter pan for
a day or too - that stuff will suck water out of a rock!

"Ignoramus29446" wrote in message
.. .
I would like to know if 7018 rod can be dried in a gas grill. Mine is
relatively nice, made of stainless steel, and can do up to about 600
degrees F.

1. Would it effectively dry the rod

2. Would stainless steel of this grill be damaged by several hours at
hot temperature.

Thanks!