Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
D Murphy

Default Sorta OT-advice please for pellet rifles

Eric R Snow wrote in
:

I usta have a nice, accurate pump pellet rifle. I can't be sure, but I
think it was a Sheridan. Anyway, it took several pumps for full
velocity and fired .177 cal pellets (I think). It was quite accurate
and would put pellets right through a 2x4 when pumped enough. On the
other hand, just a couple pumps would send pellets out slow enough
that they wouldn't go through heavy paper at about 40 feet away. Is
there a pellet rifle available today that matches my old one? I have
looked and can only find the ones that take just one pump and it's the
barrel that's the pump lever, not the fore stock like my old one. I
want the variable velocity.

Why not buy another Sheridan?

http://www.crosman.com/site/listing/1094