Posted to alt.home.repair
Joey

Default Plexiglass Cutting

Steve B wrote:
How do professionals cut plexiglass? I am going to need to cut some, as
well as rout some of the edges to make them fit into slots.

Would I be better cutting these on a table saw with a special blade, or
using a router blade that has say a narrow width? Maybe even taking more
than one cut, and using a fence as a guide.

I'm going to Google on this, just wanted to know if anyone did this sort of
thing. It has to be a quality finished cut.

Steve

As all mentioned here, about any fast cutting good blade will cut
plexiglass, but they forgot to mention one thing the professionals do.
Leave the plastic film on both sides so you don't scratch it up. If no
plastic film, then put some painters tape along the line where you're
going to cut. When you get ready to install the plexiglass then remove
the film or tape.