Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

Default Reusing a compression joint..?

Christian McArdle wrote:
No, the PFTE was on the screw in part - not the compression joint.
The whole assy was to go between 22mm copper and 3/4 thread..the only
thing I could find was a 3/4" screw to 22mm compression fitting.

You make it sound like it wasn't the perfect fitting for the job!

Christian.

Oh..well yes..it is a three hole wall tap..bought it online, and got two
taps, and a spout. All had 3/4" screw fittings. No explicit way to mount
the taps, except a large threaded section to which I could find no nuts.
No explicit way to connect the tap outputs to the spout.

In the end I soldered up a 22mm T section, and put 22mm compression to
3/4" threaded sections - 5 in all - on all the threaded bits, did it up
tight and wedged it in a notched stud. And screwed a bit of 15mm ply
over that to hold it down. Then a further bit of MDF wedged under a
noggin with a hole in it to take the other side tap pushed it
horizontal, and provided a spacer..and a sheet of 22mm chip of dubious
parentage with three holes in it was screwed over the lot... and
extended as far as needs be along where the bath will go. Screw the bath
to that later, and tile up the lot..after skimming a bit to get the wall
FLAT which it ain't. Grr. Must remember to line the bath up with the
floor tile line...

SHE wanted 'taps in the wall please' I didn't even get a blow job.