Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

Default Reusing a compression joint..?

I have just put in some plumbing, one part of which is a compression
joint to 22mm pipe, that screws straight into a 3/4" brass fitting.

This screw in joint is weeping very very slightly.

The easy way out is to unscrew the compression joint, and then re-do the
screw in bit with more PTFE tape..and then re-screw the compression joint..

I never like re-screwing up a compression joint though, although this
one is not totally rammed home.

To remake the pipe that goes into the compression joint is flipping
awkward, so I am inclined to take the risk as a shot to nothing really..

What are your experiences of unscrewing a 22mm compression joint and
then re-using it without a new olive??