Posted to uk.d-i-y
.

Default professional kitchen worktop fitting

Chris Cowley wrote:
On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 00:54:29 +0100, "Michael Chare"
wrote:

"rookie" wrote in message
ups.com...

I'm kicking myself as I paid the fitter £180 for the work (for 2
joints plus 2 cutouts)

Did you pay cash or is there a cheque which you could stop?

The quality of work looks poor. The splitering is much worse where
the cut is across the grain of the laminate. For that kind of money
the fitter could have used a new router blade.

I'd expect a professional kitchen fitter to use a brand new router bit
for each new job. I would if I was doing it myself, as the 20 quid TFT
bit I bought to do mine was looking decidedly tired after two 90deg
joins with associated bolt slots. I certainly would've been reluctant
do a third join with it (although perhaps that has something to do
with
the very cheap router I used?) - it was starting to smoke a bit.

that's the glue starting to burn. you can clean the bits with a solvent
to prevent that happening but as you say, a new bit for every job
would not be unreasonable, especially at that price.