Posted to rec.woodworking
RonB

Default Harbor Fright - Are you just a cheapskate? Tool Snob?

I doubt if I can add much to this marathon. You get what you pay for.

However, I have had a couple of fairly good experinces with HF. In a weak
moment I paid $99 for one of their mortising machines about five years ago.
Know what? It cuts square holes. The hold-down hardware sucks but that is
true of some of the much more expensive machines. It probably is not my
last mortiser but it works fine for what I do.

Some of their $12 to $25 nailers are amazingly durable. I know a finish
carpenter who is almost ashamed of them but can't wear them out.

RonB