Posted to rec.woodworking
Patriarch

Default Harbor Fright - Are you just a cheapskate? Tool Snob?

"Teamcasa" wrote in
:

wrote in message
ups.com...

Teamcasa wrote:
Just ranting after a long visit to Lie-Nielsen to buy their new
socket chisel set. I don't really need them but as I said, I love a
quality tool(s)!

Dave,

Tell us about them socket chisels!!

After searching high and low for a decent imperial-measure registered
mortise chisel, I bit the bullet and waited out the 8-week backlog on
the Lie-Nielsens.

They were worth every penny (at $50 a pop) and every
hour/minute/second I had to wait to get them. Absolutely
magnificent. I looked at a sh!tty Robert Sorby "mortise" chisel I
had next to the L-Ns, and chuckled quietly. Then laughed out loud.

What are the socket chisels like? Would you say they make a good
paring set, or are the blades too stout?

I'll let you know in 7 or so weeks!
Dave

The ones I got were/are just fine. Paring/sash chisels, plus a mortise
chisel.

The only thing I bought at the woodworking show last weekend was another
LN handplane...

Patriarch