Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Eric R Snow

Default Ford emblem vectorised. Anyone??

On 11 Apr 2006 16:36:29 -0700, "Dave, I can't do that"
wrote:

Hi people,

My friend is building a huge truck and wants me to machine up a very
large version of the Ford oval and name. I have the cnc machines to do
it, but so far all I have is a bumper sticker to start with that is
about 1/3 the size I needs. He wants it 14" wide.

Anyone know of an existing vectorized or dxf copy of the logo?

Next issue, does anyone know of a free raster to vector program I can
use if I have to scan the logo and go from there.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Win topo is freeware that will do it. If that doesn't work for you I
can use BobArt to vectorize an emailed picture or a bitmap and email
you the vector file. Then you can massage it and make the G code from
it. If you do email me a file please make sure the picture or scanned
picture is sharp. If the edges are fuzzy the vector file will have
fuzzy edges you will need to sharpen up.
Eric