Posted to rec.woodworking
Teamcasa

Default anyone know a good metal working shop

"william kossack" wrote in message
After several attempts myself trying to rig something that might work I've
decided I need part of it made by someone more capable.

The basic component I need is a hard steel rod 1/2 to 3/4 in thickness
maybe 18 inches long. One end of the rod needs to be milled with a #2
Morse Taper. The other end needs to be drilled and taped to accept
threaded fittings probably 1/4-3/8ths but any common thread will do.

I can get parts from MSC but assembling the rod from parts will not be as
cheep or as strong as making the entire rod from one piece.

The #2MT needs to be accuratly centered so there is no wabble in the rod
when my lathe is turning.

Can anyone recommend someone local to Denver or not that can make this?

Your are better off chucking the rod into a 3 or 4 jaw chuck. MT is not
hard to make but needs to be hardened after cutting the taper. 18" of 3/4"
steel rod secured only by the taper is asking for trouble.
Dave

http://www.usenet.com