Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Harbor Fright - Are you just a cheapskate? Tool Snob?

Robatoy wrote:
In article ,
"Teamcasa" wrote:

[snipped for brevity]

Hello, my name is Rob. I'm a tool snob.

To me, there are four classifications of tools:

1) The 'I hope it will last till the end of the job' tool.
I have a few like that.

2) I need this tool for this job, but I can see that once I have this
tool, I will be using it more often so I better get a good one.
Most of my tools fit this category.

3) I have NO idea what I will do with this tool, I have no way to
rationalize its cost, but it sure is cool and I want it.
A few tools start here and then get moved to the category 2 column.

4) Small hammers. I have a thing for small hammers. I don't want to talk
about it.

you sound like me, right down to the small hammers bit....